YouTube videos can be watched on almost any devices. You can use smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer as well as watch them on the TV. You can use YouTube with the help of the remote control, but the easiest way is to synchronize the TV with a smartphone or PC to do everything through them (using a computer mouse or directly from your smartphone).
How to watch YouTube on TV from phone or PC
To watch YouTube on TV you should set everything up correctly:
- Check YouTube installation on TV. Download it if necessary.
- Sign in with your Google account.
When an activate code will be displayed on the screen, you should go to YouTube activate option.
YouTube Activate — how it works
YouTube activate code shown on the screen of your TV must be entered into the special field on the second device’s YouTube account. To do this, you should follow one of these instructions depending on what gadget you use.
If it is your laptop or computer, than you should:
- Open the browser, copy and paste the link youtube.com/activate (https://youtube.com/tv/activate and https://yt.be/activate are also available).
- Enter the code you have watched earlier.
- Accept YouTube’s terms and conditions.
If it is a mobile device (smartphone or tablet), than you should:
- Open YouTube App.
- Open the settings (gear icon) and link the device to the TV or just tap cast (TV screen icon) and click on the “Link with TV code”.
- After entering blue code shown on your TV you should tap “Link”.
If the activation code is presented as a QR code (optional), you can simply scan it using the camera on your mobile device, as an alternative way.
What if YouTube activate not working
First of all, the TV must support YouTube. It must be a smart TV or a special media player must be connected to it. Among them supported devices these ones: Samsung smart TV, LG smart TV, Amazon Fire TV devices, Roku players and TVs, Apple TV and Apple TV 4K, Vizio SmartCast TVs, HiSense TVs, Xbox One, and others.
Secondly, there must be a Wi-Fi router in the room to which both devices are connected.
Make sure everything is ok with the connection. Perform an internet speed test if necessary.
The third requirement is that you need to be logged into the same account on both devices. In addition, we recommend checking if the URL of “Youtube activate TV” option as well as the code is correct.